Blog post assignment 7: 10 questions from S.O.W

1. Do you think it was a mental thing that everything was changing to Kien or was this actually happening?

2. Why did Kien all of a sudden feel reborn again?

3. Why do you think writing the novel became simpler to Kien when he returned home? Was the war a distraction?

4. On page 98 it says " inside death one finds calm, tranquility, and real freedom." Do you believe this? If not, what do you believe about death?

5. Do you think the MIA may have been hallucinating or was the dead really doing these things?

6. What do you think saved this man? Why didn't the man die of blood loss or die from his intestines falling out?

7. If you were in Kien's situation, would you shoot your commander?

8. After all this time, Kien just started to believe in ghosts. Do you think you would began to believe in ghosts? If so, would it have taking you this long?

9. What do you think is in the jungle laughing?

10. Phan promised that he would go back and assist the saigonesse. Before he knew it, night fall came and he couldn't find the man anymore to help him. Have your ever been promised something and that promise was broken? If so, what was is?

Comments

  1. Answer to #7: If I were in Kien's predicament, I wouldn't know what to do at that point. I know my commander would be suffering and should not have to die in such a slow painful death, but I wouldn't want to be the one to kill my commander. That final view of my commander would forever be within my mind and I wouldn't be able to cope. With that being said, I don't think I have the strength to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Travia. I am very sensitive when it comes to seeing blood and others in pain. I believe if I were in that predicament, I would have to disobey my commander, and walk away.

      Delete
  3. Answer to #4: I believe that someone may find calmness, tranquility, and real freedom after death because they no longer have anything to worry about. All of the pain or bad situations they were involved in no longer exist or matter after they pass away. When someone dies, they become truly free from all of their problems and at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When someone passes away, they no longer have to stress or worry about any situation. They can finally be at peace

      Delete
  4. Answer to #1: I believe it was something that happened in the past. I don't think it was as flashback storywise, as he was still in his room experiencing it, but it was a memory that was simply overwhelming him. I believe his sadness and alcoholism bunched together and caused the hallucinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are saying the things he was imagining wasn't happening at the moment, but you do feel it happened in the past?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it was a memory resurfacing is what I believe

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts